Jilly Lace is a color-drenched semi-solid merino yarn from Dream in Color, a woman-owned independent yarn company that hand-dyes all their yarns in the United States.
Jilly Lace was created as the perfect shawl yarn — a soft and lustrous single-ply construction lends itself to lace projects, and at almost 900 yards per hank it’s a great value. Jilly lace is a machine washable superwash yarn that knits up at 7 to 8 stitches to the inch on US 0 to 2 needles.
The Sow’s Ear has 9 colors of Jilly Lace in stock:
- Bitter, 702 — shades of yellow-green
- Brilliant, 712 — shades of bright blue
- Chili, 738 — shades of orange-red
- Daylily, 739 — shades of rose, brown and green
- Galaxy, 728 — shades of purple
- Plenty, 744 — shades of taupe and pink
- Rosy, 734 — shades of pink
- Sangria, 732, shades of pinks and purples
- Tidal, 713 — shades of gray and blue
Jilly Lace is put up in 4 ounce hanks measuring 880 yards. Call for availability.